If you are interested in volunteering at SHMS or being a part of the Parent Involvement Committee, please contact Tiffany Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also leave a message for Tiffany at the front office at (806) 326-3600, and she will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon!!
Important Note: Before you may volunteer on campus during the school day, you must fill out a volunteer form which is available in the front office. If you have students at more than one campus, you only need to fill out a form at one campus.
Ways parents can GET INVOLVED @ SHMS!
The BEST ways to find out about your student!
- Attend Back to School Night.
- Ask your students teacher's if there is a time that you can help them hang student work, or help them prepare for the day.
- Schedule a time to read to one of your student's classes.
Parents and guardians are students' BIGGEST and BEST advocates.
- Email or call your students teachers. There are direct email links on each teacher's page. To find each page please go to the "Staff Directory" link at the top if this page.
- Check for progress reports and report cards every three weeks.
- Set up a parent/teacher conference. Teachers learn how to help your student grow as a learner from your comments, because students may not express their needs at appropriate times.
- Use our online gradebook, Family Access, to see your students daily progress in each course. If you do not have access, please contact your students counselor, and they will help you with a username and password.